With the Travel ban and closed consulates, I was wondering how could I get my spouse to travel back to US. Situation - I’m on H1B (visa expired but i797 valid till 2023) in US. My wife travelled to India. We had a stamping appointment on April 30th, 2021 but the consulates closed. While the i797 is valid, she does not have a visa to travel back to US (also, we haven’t applied for NIE because of lack of visa). Since there is no clear date when the consulates will open, what can be my options?
Thanks in Advance!
You should wait for Consulates to open and reschedule the H4 interview. Unless your wife wants to enroll in a college and apply for F1 which falls under ban exempt.