My H1B still in pending status

My employer had raised H1B this year (2015) and it is still under initial status. “Case was received”…

  1. Is this a normal case?? I don’t have any documents except the receipt number.

  2. Am planning to move to other company now, being my H1 still under initial status, is it possible for employer change now??

  1. It is possible

  2. You want to leave the employer who has filed your H-1? They may withdraw the petition if you leave them and then that petition is of no use to you today or in future.

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, am planning to leave the employer who has filed my H1

I am also in same boat. Application got picked in lottery on 13th April. May 21 I got notification that case was received. And since then the status is same. Spoke with my consultant and he is saying wait till January. All these applications that are still in pending status are stuck up at security check, thats why taking so long. there is apparently nothing that we can do except wait. Please keep posted on how you are proceeding with your application

Hi Guys,

I am also having same status, my application picked up 13th April,Still no updated, it is in Case was Received status, What is security check means, when can we expect some update.

Hi Guys,

Please post if your application gets any update. Even my application is under security check and the status is just “Case was Received” since April’15. They say there is no SLA for security checks and may take days to months. :frowning:

I am still waiting for my decision. Although my case received a RFE which was answered promptly in October. I have no idea how long this wait has to continue.
Please update if any of you guys received an update.

I am facing the same situation. It is feb,2016 but till now no update.

Receipt Notice Was Changed
On June 2, 2015, we made a change to your receipt notice for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC1514455300. We mailed you a notice describing how we are processing your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to to give us your new mailing address.

Any help would be great.

Got my H1 approved today, after much deliberation upgraded my petition to Premium couple of weeks back. got result today.

Hi! Is there any update to your application status? I am in the same situation here.

Hi friends , people say there will be chances of rejections if applied in premium, is it true? I am afraid because I am a mechanical engineer and my employer filed like I have worked in IT, I had received RFE asking for more proof on IT work since I am mechanical engineer. Since Nov 9, the status is same like we have received your RFE response. So If I go for premium in this case, will there be chances of rejection? what do you suggest, should I wait or go ahead?