MS or MBA after 10 years of work exp.

Sir, I have completed my B.Tech(CS) in 2005. I have 3 years of teching experience followed by 6 years of IT exp. in an MNC in Bangalore. I want to persure higer education. But I am not sure whether to for MBA(any country including India) or MS(US). Considering that I am equally good at both technical and leadership front what shaould I take up for further study.I already have total 8-9 years of exp and by the time I go for higher studies it would be around 10 years. I want good and secure career for long time. Please guide me. Is it good to go for MS after 10+ exp or MBA is good idea.

It depends on your future plans. Where do you see yourself in 10 years ? If you envision yourself in a technical role like architect then MS would be a choice…instead, if you see yourself in a management role, then MBA would help.

It is never late to do MS or MBA. As long as you have the passion to puruse higher education, it would be fine. if you are considering higher education in USA, consider the various factors like how to finance your education, backup plan of returning to home country, if you cannot find sponsor, etc. Put all of these on a piece of paper and think about it. !

MBA for sure. Technical qualifications can be added on the side

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Academic Advisor (India and Middle East) to The Executive Director, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. www.chu.edu. sshankar@chu.edu