MS is US for 40 year old women -2 yr Kid

I am 40 year old ,married woman and I have a 2 yr old son. I would like to do MS(CS, Data science) in US. I have worked for about 10 yrs in IT. I have done Btech in CS and . I have following queries.

1. Would it be possible to get scholarship at this age ? I have about 310 score in GRE
  2. How difficult would it be maintain balance between studies and home
  3. What would total expenses per month ?
    4., how difficulty would it be to maintain work-life balance in US as compared to India.

Thanks

Going back to school can be very tough after a long break. It is good you have the passion. Here are my thoughts.

1. Scholarship is a very tricky thing, it depends on various factors like school, funds, scores, academics, etc. It may be difficult to get it along with I20, just because schools once they award it, they have to wait for you and, if you do not show up, then only they can allocate to others. With tight budgets in schools these days, it may be difficult…having said that, there are many students who get scholarship as well. Read Cost of Living for MS in USA

2. It maybe a little more difficult because, you may not get all the help you need in US as there are less family members around. But, it is possible, you can always have a nanny to take care of the baby, when you go to school or work on your homework. Maybe your spouse can help too.

All in all, if you are passionate, I suggest you should go for it. Recently my friend completed his MBA, he has a 6 year old and 2 year old, his wife works full time, they were able to manage with nanny and make it happen. Don’t give up just because you cannot balance.

Thanks …Pls let me know how is work life balance in US as compared to India