MS in US- as a fresher or with 1 year of job experience

I am a final year (Electronics Engg.) student wanting to apply for Fall 14 (I am taking a year's drop as my Univ. exams are scheduled in oct-nov. So apparently i'll miss many univ deadlines if i take GRE in Dec-Jan and apply for fall 13) .So I've planned to take GRE, TOEFL in July 13 (after final year) and submit applications by Aug 13. 

What should I do in this duration (Aug 13 to the date of departure)- a research job or a short term course. How advantageous will this 8-9 months of work exp. be? 

What questions can be posed by Visa Officer?

Also I am concerned over the fact that I'll not be able to show this work exp. to applied universities as i'll have to apply for admissions before joining a Job or Course.

Above all is it advisable to take a year's drop before going to US for MS.

Well, not sure, why you want to give GRE after your final year exams ? You can plan take GRE ahead of time and start to apply for schools. You will be cutting close on deadlines, but you can still make it…

Your experience working in a company can help you to some extent, when you apply for assistanships or jobs on campus and potentially after MS too…

Overall, if you can put in some extra hours and get things rolling when you are in final year itself, it will help you save an year…