Lost and found Passport - what to select while filing DS-160 and scheduling interview

Hi, I lost my India passport which had an Expired U.S. visa on 14Dec2019. Based on the police complaint I applied for a new passport. After a few months, I found my passport while moving out of my apartment in OCT2020. I reported the same to the police again about the passport found. At present, the lost passport is in my possession along with all expired U.S. Visa and I reported to the Indian embassy also to cancel the passport officially after I found it.

Question1: In my DS-160, what I need to choose “yes” or “no” for “Have you ever lost a passport or had one stolen?”. Similarly for “Has your U.S. Visa ever been lost or stolen?“

Question2: if I select “yes” above, what I should select while booking an appointment in CGI federal visa stamping portal for the following question “Was your most recent visa (in the same class for which you are applying) lost or stolen or canceled?”.

I am eligible for dropbox if I select “no” to Q2. So, I am in a dilemma about which option to select. I am trying to avoid interview as the availability of slots are very minimal.

Please share your views and recommendations, if any.

Thank you in advance.

I replied to your question on another forum.

1 Like