L2 to H1B 2013 COS Pending, options if petition is pending as of october 1

I have entered USA in dec 2012 on L2 visa and I have applied for H1B Visa in April 2013. My petition got picked in the lottery but the status is in Initial review as of today. My husband got his H1B approved this year and he will be working on H1B starting october 2013. What are my options if I H1b application is in pending status as of October 1?

I assume you didn’t apply for COS to H-4.

It is better to upgrade your petition to PP, so that you can know the result timely. If it gets denied, then you would still have time to file COS from L-2 to H-4.