My husband is on L1 A blanket visa and I am on L2 visa.
I-94 expiry date:
My EAD expired in May 2019, we forgot to renew my EAD and worked for two months.(due to medical issue) As soon as we released, I quit my job and notified HR about this.
My husband’s company is applying for L1/L2 renewal’s.
- What are the consequences we need to face because of my work permit violation, during the renewal process?
–Should only L1A apply for renewal? and once L1 a gets approved then apply L2?
- Will it affect renewals?
- Will it impact future EAD renewals?
- Once we have renewals in our country, will I have face issues at the port of entry?
You technically violated status on L2, it will impact only the L2 visa holder. Readperiod of authorized stay vs out of status
If you have status issues, the best thing to do is to leave the country and re-enter with new stamping. Then the previous status issues can get cleared…
Also, your attorney can request for something called Nunc Pro Tunc with USCIS admitting it was an honest mistake…Discuss with your attorney on the options.
It technically should not affect, if you address it properly.
We are applying renewals outside the country in a few days.
I will go with my husband and come in (does this clear my out of status ??) or should I travel alone and come in first?
Will I have issues at port of entry ?
It does not matter, you travel with him or you go independent… Don’t worry too much. It will be fine…If asked, you should tell the truth…If you are stamped, you should be fine in general.
In a recent ruling in Nebraska, it was stated that it is the onus of company HR to keep track of non-immigrant alien EAD expiry and not the other way around. You may have certain rights in this matter. As Kumar said, don’t stress too much just complete renewals and get going with your lives.
Dr. Sandeep Shankar
Hi did you apply for extension?
Not yet. But we will be applying renewals outside of the country,as i have to leave the country and re-enter with new stamping. I didn’t apply for my EAD renewal yet. I will do apply after my L2 renewals(if everything goes well)
if you have valid I-94 you can leave the country and re enter.
Yes, yours is not an issue and you have valid EAD now.
Yes you can leave anytime and re enter if you have valid I-94.
1.Should we pay again $410 for renewal?
below are the list of documents i am applying. I am missing anything?please suggest
- Completed Form G-1145 â€“ e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
- Completed Form I-765 - Renewal Application for Employment Authorization
- Copy of previously approved Employment Authorization documents.
- Copy of the mailer cut-out that came with the previous EAD card.
- Copy of the of the applicants passport
- Copy of the of the applicants driver’s license
- 2 photos with the applicants A# and Name
- Copy of the applicants most recent I-94 (entry record)
- Copy of the I-485 Receipt
- Filing Fee, Check of $380
I have a quick question. Please reply.
We are applying our renewals outside the country. Once we have our visa renewal, i will apply for EAD with new I-94.
My company put me on Leave of absence until I resolve this issue. They stopped my payroll and my benefits.
Should I resign completely ? or is it ok if they put me on the leave of absence?
i haven’t applied for renewals yet… application is still in processing from my husband’s company.I will let you know once done.
Yes, we did our renewals and applied for EAD. Waiting for EAD card( as its going to take long long time).
Did you finish your renewals?
Congrats! No we haven’t applied yet.