L1b visa stamped but travel delayed by a few months

I have got a L1b visa issued in Nov 2015 and valid till September 2018. My concern is that my travel plans have been delayed and it will take another 3 to 4 months before i travel. Can this be a cause of concern that I would not travel for 3 to 4 months or more after I got the visa stamped. Can this come up as a question I might have to answer, let’s say at the port of entry.Just to give some background, i had a prior B1/B2 visa on which i traveled to US and which was later revoked under Section 212(a)(6)©(i) as i was suspected to be working on the business trip, which was not the case. Subsequent B1 visa requests were denied twice and then i applied for L1b with all the supporting documents to prove that my previous business visit was legitimate. L1b went into administrative processing 221g for 2 months and visa was finally issued.All my L1b documents mentioned that it is very critical for our product and company business and revenue that I travel asap, which in fact was the truth as well. But due to my admin processing taking 2 weeks, the product plans changed a bit and my trip is now delayed by 3 to 4 months. 1) Can this be a cause of concern that I would not travel for 3 to 4 months or more after I got the visa stamped. Can this come up as a question I might have to answer, let’s say at the port of entry.2) I know that L1b visa holder can stay for a maximum of 5 years, initially 3 years and then an extension of 2 years. But if i only travel after 4 months of visa stamping, will these 4 months i spent in India before i traveled on my L1b visa be counted in the 5 years maximum stay period?

1. Should not be an issue. You can say that you didn’t travel earlier for personal or work reasons. It is not required to travel soon after visa approval.

2. Only the time spent inside US gets counted. So if you stay for 2 years 8 months initially, your next extension can grant you 2 years 4 months to recapture the lost time. Makes sense?

Yes, thanks for your response. Appreciate your time in going through my queries and answering them for me. I understand that i can say due to project getting delayed i had to wait for 4 months but just curious to know, would you expect that such a question can be asked at port of entry or my next visa application or any other time “Why you did not travel for 4 months after visa stamping when you had said at the interview it is very critical for me to travel and you had planned for immediate travel.”

I haven’t seen anyone posting that question being asked at PoE. I would say probability of it getting asked is pretty low.