L1 B to H1 Visa Transfer Expiring in June

I am on L1 B right now which is expiring in June 2013. I am planning to file/transfer to H1 thru some consultant. Also, my employer will be filing extension on L1.

  1. Can I do it now or I have to wait till April 2013?

  2. Do I have to wait till Oct 2013?

  3. What if both H1 and L1 extension got accepted?

  1. For H1 you have to wait till 1st April

  2. No

  3. If both the petitions are approved then you can stay on L1 till 30th September and on October 1 your visa status changes to H1 and you would need to join the employer who sponsored your H1