Following is my timeline.
- July 2014: First Entered this country on Initial blanket L1-A valid till 25th March 2017
- May 2017: L1-A individual petition approved until 25th March 2019
- June 2017: EB3 PERM/LABOR filed
- Feb 2018: EB1-C I140 filed
- June 2018: EB1-C I140 approved
- June 2018 : EB3 I140 approved
- Nov 2019: L1-A individual petition approved until 25th March 2021. I-94 valid till 04-04-2021
- 15th May 2020 : My employer formally ended my employment and notified me via email. Instead of giving me 4 weeks notice they gave 4 weeks of salary.
Now having lost my job I’ve following questions.
- Considering current COVID-19 situation how much time do I have before I fall out of status ? Or If I’ve to, by which date I should leave this country? How this departure date will be impacted considering there are no flights going back to India.
- Is there an option to temporarily extend my stay in this country legally/officially? For example, is it possible to apply for in-country Change Of Status from L1-A to B2? If I’ve pending application will I accrue unlawful presence?
- What happens to pending EB1-C green card with my employer? Will that stand revoked since I lost my employment with the sponsoring company? Or Could I still be eligible to get Green card when EB1-C priority date becomes current.
Looking forward to your response.