It it possible to change employer after receiving Receipt and before getting stampped ? USCIS STATUS : Case was received

I am working for a Service Based(US) Company in India called X.
My client is Y(US based). X had applied H1B for me this year(2015).

I have received my Receipt number, EAC***** on early May, 2015. USCIS status is “Case Was Received” for the same receipt number.

Now, I have an offer to join to another company, Z.
If I switch my company to Z now(without getting my visa stampped from X), will my receipt number(H1B VISA processing) be cancelled ?

How do I deal with this to keep my h1b as it is and change my employer( By switching my job to Z).
Could you please advice me how to deal with it in a better way ?

Thank you

You can after you get your approval notice, but don’t do it. Read this:

Thank you so much for your response. I have been asking same doubt to many people over many QA blogs, you made me clear.

I have resigned and My last working day with my present Employer X on 17th of July. Do they have privilege to withdraw my case ? What will be the next step ? As I have mentioned, I have receipt number EAC***, that I can check the status even after leaving X on USCIS portal. but what about further communication as My official email id will be invalid soon after I leave 17th July.

Do I have any other place to follow up ? or can I provide my personal email for further communication with H1B authurity ? How do I deal best ?

Thank you in advance.

Hmm I would not have recommended this. You don’t have your approval notice. X has no obligation to give it to you. If there is an RFE again X has no obligation to follow up. If your H1 does get approved you have some options but until that happens there is not much you can do.

Thanks sticksoldier,

One more update, I checked USCIS and with Gods grace it shows “Case Was Approved”.

Original Massage for USCIS portal :
On June 23, 2015, we approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC*******. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to to give us your new mailing address.

Now my concern is, My last working day is on 17th of July, Will X provide me the petition of the hard copy even after I leave X ?
If X does not give me the hard copy of ‘Approved petition’ and I suppose USCIS will send Approval email to my current Employer(X)'s email id which will be deactivate soon after I leave X(17th of july).

So how do I get the petition direct from USCIS ?
what is the other way to get that?
How long does it take to get the Petition Letter after USCIS approved my case ?
As USCIS says : “If you move, go to to give us your new mailing address” – Should I go ahead and update my address ? or I should wait till my last working day ?

Thanks so much in Advance.

The hard copy of the approval is sent to your employer. Some people have had success getting this via an FoIA request. However your employer has to give it to you before you go for stamping anyways.

Thank you so much, Sticksoldier,

What exactly is “FoIA request” ? Where to request and how and by whom ?

If my current Employer(Who applied H1B) denies to provide the Hard copy, what step should I take to get that Hard copy of the Document ?