Is it safe to travel, if H1B expires in 90 days

Hi Saurabh,

I am currently in USA on H1-B visa and my visa expires on 03/31/2014. I’m planning a trip to India in November and will return by mid December.

Please suggest on below:

Are there any chances of immigrations issues/questions upon my return to USA, since it only leaves me 3 months time before expiration.

How long before can I apply for H1 extension? If possible, I plan to apply by September.

What are the chances of receiving approval by November, before I leave for India.

In case, If I apply for H1 extension before leaving US, and my approval for extension is pending, can I still return to US in December?

Are there any chances of immigrations issues/questions upon my return to USA, since it only leaves me 3 months time before expiration.

As long as you have a letter from your Employer with a leave approval, you will be just fine.

How long before can I apply for H1 extension? If possible, I plan to apply by September.

6 Months

What are the chances of receiving approval by November, before I leave for India.

Apply in Premium Processing

In case, If I apply for H1 extension before leaving US, and my approval for extension is pending, can I still return to US in December?

Yes, you can using the previous H1B