Is it possible to transfer to another university after first year?

I am an international student on F1 visa studying in the US. I do not wish to continue my current program and have decided take a transfer to another university. However, I have already spent a year here and after confirming with another university, I can’t transfer all my credits. It is a possibility that I might have to start all over again if I take a transfer.Is it legal to extend your master’s program in the USA by a year? I want to avoid the hassle of going back to my country and reapplying for an F1 visa. Any suggrestions are welcome.

You can transfer without problem. Just make sure you don’t pick a fight with University A (where you are presently) because their Dean has powers to delay or suspend your transfer request. On the same note University B (where you plan to go) will want to have you as a student and they will support your transfer request. There are no legal implications. Credits don’t always transfer and that is common. You don’t need another stamping until dates on visa are expired.

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar,; wwwDOThopeforhumanityglobalDOTorg