Is it possible to file H1B extension while in India?

Hi, I learnt from one of the immigration team head in my organization that there is a way to file H1B extension while you are in India. Could you please help me if something like this is possible? As far as I know one needs I94 to file an extension?

You can extend your H1B while your in india. your employer needs to file you extention if you are with the same employer else you need to file COS if you are changing the employer.