Is it mandatory to take leave/relieving letter in case of H4 stamping?

My wife is currently working. She does not want to resign or tell her employer before stamping is done.

I was wondering if we really need to take a leave or relieving letter when she goes for H4 stamping?

Can’t we say she is working but will leave the job once the stamping is done?

I do not want to land up in a situation where my H1B is stamped but VO issue 221g to her for H4 stamping or reject her stamping.

Your wife neither needs a leave letter nor relieving letter.

Her marriage to you is the basis of her visa application. Current employment does not matter.

If asked she can tell that she will resign AFTER she gets her visa.

Normally consulate is NOT concerned about her employment