is H1B transeferable from one employer to another?

Hi All,

I have a doubt in my mind…I posses a valid H1B from my current company. Now i am planning to switch my job to another company. Can my current employer cancels my H1B? Or whether I can posses the same H1B with the new employer.

is there any option so that i can continue the same H1B with the new employer?



Your new employer needs to submit a new petition to convert your current H1B. You can work only under the new employer when your conversion happens.