I have some family issues due to which I am planning to travel India. My H1 is expiring in December and my employer is filing extension now (July 2017). Here is a detail about my current status:
Came to US on F1 visa
Got H1B effective from Oct 1, 2016
H1 expiry date - Dec 31, 2017.
My planned travel dates (Not fixed yet) - 7/20 - 8/3 (Around 2 weeks)
Note: I haven’t been to India after I got my H1 for Visa stamping.
My question is:
If I travel now (during my extension process) will there by any issue in my stamping process?
Will I be allowed to travel back to US while extension is still under progress?
What would happen at the port of entry if I get an RFE ?
Here are my plans:
Do you suggest that I wait for my extension result and once I have the extension, only then I should travel.
I also heard that travelling while extension is in progress is not recommended, so is it ok if I travel now and once I come back then I apply for my extension.
Appreciate all your help.