I140 Approved, H1B is in Revoked

Hi,
I have been working in USA for past 7 years with approved I140 with a single employer. During COVID times i had to transfer to India on emergency basis and get transferred within the same employer with a valid I-797 (Jul2023) without stamping. I was able to get the get the slots for drop-box and received
221g
“(Your petition is in revoked status, please contact your employer and submit new petition)”.

When contacted my employer due to some confusion they revoked by petition and they cannot revert now (is this true).

To file a new petition which will be ideal option?
1.As regular process, do I need apply in March/April and go through lottery process and get H1B selected and approved and go for interview process ?
2.As I140 is approved , Do I need to apply in March/April but will be cap exempted and complete the interview process.
2.Apply for new petition today not wait till March/April based on 221g received and send the documents back to US Consulate with 221g ?

Let me know in which category I fall under ? thank you in Advance.

1.As regular process, do I need apply in March/April and go through lottery process and get H1B selected and approved and go for interview process ?

My comment - If this was your original petition on which you were cap counted in lottery then “Yes” , in this case contact your immigration attorney as you may need to decide on how long you can stay without status.Ideally if the original petition was revoked , your employer and attorney will get a NOIR/NOID from USCIS first.

If your transfer petition was revoked then you may ask your employer to file a new no cap petition which can be filed anytime of the year.

2.As I140 is approved , Do I need to apply in March/April but will be cap exempted and complete the interview process.

My comment - If your cap petition is revoked then you are out of status and need to file a new cap petition during Mar-Apr in lottery. If non-cap is revoked then you can file a new petition any time.
Interview is required only if you are outside US and want to travel back to US on a VISA.

2.Apply for new petition today not wait till March/April based on 221g received and send the documents back to US Consulate with 221g ?

My comment - Depends on the type of petition revoked , if your cap/original petition is revoked then you have to wait until Mar-Apr else you can file now and respond to the 221g.

Consult with your Employer’s attorney or an experienced attorney of your choice , I am trying to help based on my past experience , good luck!

You already have I140 approved so your employer can file cap-exempt H1B petition.

Your employer can apply any time under cap-exempt.

Can you please elaborate on "original petition on which you were cap counted vs transfer petition "

original petition was filled by employer ABC (cap petition with lottery)
Transfer to a different employer XYZ (will this be considered a transfer petition?)
Got I140 approved with employer XYZ
Received extensions on I140 with employer XYZ
Still with Employer XYZ outside of US and got revoked of H1B.

Thank you
Appreciate providing your inputs and details.

ABC - original cap petition
XYZ - transfer petition
if ABC gets revoked , XYZ will also collapse and you have to apply for a new cap petition with lottery.
if XYZ is revoked you can file a petition with same or new employer any time of the year and travel back after appearing for a VISA interview.

You didn’t mention which one is revoked (XYZ or ABC)

There is no impact on your i140 as its independent of XYZ and ABC.

Thank you for the input and detailed explanation,

XYZ has revoked my H1B as I have moved out of country.

At least I have some hope to get a new petition quickly and respond back to US consulate as part of response to 221g.

please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.