I have approved H-1B, I m in india now and travelling to US H4.


I am presently in India. My company filed h1 for me and i got it approved in May 2012. Unfortunately there are no requirements in my project right now and so I am planing to move out of my company since my spouse is i the US. My company has agreed to provide me my approved H1 petition copy(scanned copy). Can I use this petition and do a transfer or amendment to another employer if i find a job over there (US) ? In what all ways will this be useful for me if i find a job in the US?


Yes you can transfer you current H1B to other employer anytime. H1B will help you to stay in US under temporary employment category. So it is always useful to have if your intension is stay and search for job in US