I applied for f1 visa but want to attend another university.

I have applied for F1 visa with I20 received from Uni 1. Now, I have also been admitted to another university but I have not received the I 20 from Uni 2 yet. I am planning to continue the visa process with uni 1 but I wish to attend the 2nd university? what should i do? Can I switch to 2nd university after getting visa with first university’s i20?

For your first entry to US on F1 Visa, you need to have a valid visa with the exact school and I20 tied to it, you cannot use the visa issued for Univ X to attend Univ Y. You can check out regulations here on ICE Website

If you intend to transfer, it is recommended that you trasfter after your First semsester. Read this article : [Transfer University in first Semster ? Yes or NO ?](http://redbus2us.com/can-i-transfer-to-another-us-university-before-first-semester-what-are-the-conditions-for-transfer-key-considerations-for-transferring-in-first-week/)

It is not appropriate to switch immediately after coming, not fair on a machinery that worked hard to get you here. Plan to attend one or two semesters and then maybe transfer credits.

All the best


Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. www.chu.edu; Email: international@chu.edu

What about getting a transfer before entering US? I know its possible but what do you think about that?

Thank u Sir
Do u suggest that I get a transfer before entering the US?

No, one semester later