How to pursue MBA through GMAT

Hi,

I have completed my BTech in Metallurgy from NIT Jaipur (2010) and since then I have been working with Accenture as a Programmer/ Functional Consultant and as any other Indian have been trying my luck at CAT/XAT, But even after getting repeated calls from all the top notch colleges like IIMs and XLRI, Unfortunately I have been unable to convert the calls to a final convert.

I am really looking forward to pursue MBA, now that I have an experience of 3+ years I have been thinking about GMAT and MBA from US, but the only hickup is I dont have any financial backing and completely rely on Loans, Funding and such. I dont want the financial problems hinder my career and dreams so I am being forced to think for GRE and thus MS rather MBA as that requires less amount of capital.

I really want to do MBA, but unable to deal with the dilemma of financial issues. Any suggestions regarding this as to how to go about it, and whether I will be able to handle a loan amount for the complete course after I complete my MBA, will be helpful.

Regards,

Sagar Jain

hey…

Before answering your question, I want to ask some questions:

1. Do you want to do MBA only from top college in US, let’s say top 5?

2. Do you know anyone in US who has a PR here and who can co-sign your loan?

I also got a decent score in GMAT and waiting for enough money to get into a top college. I will be more than happy to answer your queries.

Thanks

Gagan

To Answer your questions;

1. No, I am open to other colleges as well, after three years I have learned to be practical rather than Imaginative Aim for the best prepare for the worst.

2. No, I dont have anyone close in US, who can Co-sign the loan for me.

Thanks for your response, awaiting your feedback.

If you can go for top 20 instead of top 5 or 10, you can also get some scholarship.

A lot of my friends got scholarship from good colleges. You can even get up to 75% scholarship but I am pretty sure you will get 50% if you have a decent score in MBA.

In which field you have work experience? If you have work experience in Metallurgy only, it is better than to have work experience in IT because each college has some quota for different programs.

Have you already taken GMAT or you are about to? It’s good if you get more than 720 or try for 750 if you can. People say everything above 700 is equal, but that’s not true. If you have achieved a lot in your life, you can live with 700 but if not, go for a good score. Because if you get a good score, you don’t have to prove that you are smart. Your score will speak about your smartness.

Have a very good idea in your mind before writing your essay.

Prepare yourself to apply in colleges before September 2013 if you are shooting for fall 2014. Aim for the fist round of applications.

Let me know if you have more questions.

BEST OF LUCK !!!

Thanks Gagan for the prompt reply.

I am fine with the top 20 as well and I am yet to take my GMAT exam.
The only glitch is that I have experience in IT and not Metallurgy and that is what I think will hinder my application more than anything as its the most general experience people have, nothing spectacular about it…:slight_smile:

Can you please name some universities where scholarship is an option so that I can plan accordingly?

Thanks for your response

Georgetown University (McDonough)
University of Minnesota​‒​Twin Cities (Carlson)
Emory University (Goizueta)
University of North Carolina​‒​Chapel Hill (Kenan-Flagler)
Yale University
University of Texas​‒​Austin (McCombs)

You will have to do more research…I am also going to do that. I will let you know if I find more information.