I am looking for expert inputs on my case and would be really helpful if you guys give me some inputs as I am kind of stuck with so many queries.
Background: I have approved H1B Petition which is valid till Sep 19 2012 only . The petition got approved in 2009 and till now the consultant have never called me to US , neither I have shown any special interest in going to US , now my wife got H1B and she is getting opportunity to move to US for a yearlong project and we are not able to find out the ways if I can accompany her to US.
Can I still go for Stamping on the petition which is valid till 19 Sep 2012? What will be the validity of the stamped visa?
If stamped by any chance do I need to come back to renew it before Sep 2012. Let see If I get visa till July end and will travel with wife to US.Do I need to come back to India to renew it ?
Please note that I don’t have any contact with consultant now and I am not sure if they are into IT or not …I don’t have any pay slips and Tax proofs with me saying that I was working with them since last 2 years and now need visa stamping. I just have original papers with me along with offer letter and other labor laws related stuff.
We are totally confused like what can we do? If I go with wife on H4 I cannot work in US and have to wait for new H1B till April 1.
I don’t know if we should utilize this petition or not?