H4 visa process

I am working on H1B in US and my wedding is next week. I am hearing multiple versions about H4. Is the process just to submit DS160 and go for visa interview along with my H1 documents and proof of wedding? Or is there is any other petition that needs to be submitted for H4 before applying for DS160. Please advice, this is very critical and I am panicking as it’s less than a week for the wedding.

Hi Amulya, I guess you can Apply for Change of Status form i 593* form , if you are still in USA. no need to go for stamping if you are still in USA.