H4 to H1B conversion

I am currently in h4 status and will be traveling by June 2016. I have an SSN during my previous stay in US in L2 EAD status 3 years back and worked for almost 1.5 years in US. Can i go for H4 EAD. If i get H1B sponsoring employer this year or next year filing should i need to travel to India for stamping if petition get through lottery.

Please advice.

You can apply for H-4 EAD only if your spouse has an approved I-140 or has completed 6 years inside US on H-1. If not, you cannot apply for EAD even if you have an SSN.

If you apply for H-1 along w/ COS, and the same is approved, then you can start working from COS effective date. If COS is not applied/approved, then you need to get H-1 visa stamped and enter on the same before starting to work on H-1


Greetings from Danta Technologies in San Diego.Please send your resume to visa@dantatechnologies.net. Or Call Nik Patel on
+1 (510) 862-4149.

Thank you,

Visa Processing Team / Danta Technologies I