H4 Stamping in India : What if the Spouse(H1) switches the Job in US

Hi, I am currently in US on H1B and my dependents are India, the H4 stampings was never done for my dependents and it is scheduled for the upcoming months, could someone help me to understand like what has to be done if I switch the Job(H1 Transfer),

1)before their H4 stamping(with my current employer) is done, do they need new DS-160 and fresh visa fee payments?
2) After their H4 stamping(with my current employer) is done

Thank you in advance

Fill out new DS-160 and then call ustraveldocs and give them ur visa appointment information and new DS-160 number. They will update your visa appointment with new DS-160 info. Have your spouse carry the copy of new I-797 approval notice for the new employer along with other H4 documents.


If you start the new job after your spouse H4 visa is stamped, she will need to carry the copy new I-797 approval notice, employment verification letter, last three paystubs along with other H4 documents to present to CBP at port of entry.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the response, I have one more query, my H1B with current employer is due for extension by the end of 2022 and planning to transfer, should I need to go for stamping if I travel to india any time after the transfer, or I can do the stamping after the due to date of the H1B with my current employer.

Thanks again.

If your visa is expired when you travel to India, yes you need to go for stamping.

1 Like