H4 or F1 should be chosen ?

Hi,

My husband will be travelling to USA in next month on H1B visa. I am planning to give GRE in next month.

My question is , what is the best option to choose either F1 or H4 to go to USA as eventually I will be applying for MS.

On F1 , I can not travel 1 month earlier of college start date of Fall semester. Is it correct ?

If I plan to choose to go on H4, when should I apply for F1 COS to be applicable for OPT ?

Thanks in Advance .

Hi,

From my exp, as I came on H4… I would suggest

1. If you choose F1 …It is better to clear GRE and Verify your transcripts and get F1 stamp if you want to study in college

2. If you choose H4… pretty much u cannot do anything except staying house wife… you can study with out converting to F1

but for getting cpt if you want to convert … coming on H4 and converting to F1 … it will be difficult as per reviews I am seeing. H4 to F1 conversion may take 3 to 6 months ( in the mean time I am not sure if we can work on cpt or not)

1. On F1 , I can not travel 1 month earlier of college start date of Fall semester. Is it correct ? [ Yes it is correct]

I am also searching for h4 to f1 conversion… If I have any more info I will post

Thanks

Thanks for the response . It has surely helped me on my queries.