H4 for parent (mother) when both sons are on H1B


Wanted to know if my mother can be shown under a Dependent visa. Both we brothers are in US on H1B and she would be alone back in India after 6months, currently, she is on B2 and she totally dependent on as she would be alone back in India. Is there a way she stays longer in US?

Can H4 be filled be filled for her?.OR is there any other ways to get an extension of her stay in US.

Any kind of Help/advice/suggestions is most welcomed as it critically situation.


Sumanth N Mylar

862 317 1823

You can file for an extension for her B-2 visa citing family reasons. H-4 visa is limited to spouse and children under 21 years of age at time of application.