H4 Emergency appointment - Chennai

I had requested for H4 emergency visa appointment with Chennai US consulate on 23rd September 2020.
I have not received the response yet.

Has anyone received approval for family separation from Chennai consulate?
How long does it take for emergency appointment approval?

Hello Sruthi,

As mentioned in the other post, I have given EA request to Chennai on Sept 4th and it is not approved yet. Possibly 30-40 days I would believe. I will let you know, once it is approved for me.

Thank you Sharath for your response.

Hi,
Are we able to select the date for the interview?
When i tried to do the selection for the interview date its showing no appointment date available in chennai…
Can anyone please help out with this

Try to check for interview slots after 10am IST for Chennai consulate. If this does not work check for different consulate.

Thanks for your response ,I was able to select the normal date,
I got the normal interview dates for March 11, if i requested an emergency appointment and got rejected means still the March 11 date will be my defaultl interview schedule for me? Or that also get cancelled

I guess yes, the regular appointment will still be valid.

Thanks , I will go ahead and book an emergency appoinment

As others have also mentioned, your normal appointment date will still be available.

Anyone received a response for H4 EA?

Someone updated this.

@nxkr can you verify if it correct?

Looks like EA review started at Delhi…It’s a h1b case

Seems to be legit. The consulates are seeing increased activity.

Hi all,
I have got march 9 and 11 in chennai for my wife’s H4 appointment,
After that i have raised an emergency request on top of it for family separation,
However yesterday mistakenly i have rescheduled the original interview to march 2nd (chennai) and march 15(Delhi)
I have only 1 more option of reschedule is available
I have few questions

1. Will it affect my emergency request or if its get approved i can reschedule to Chennai
  2. Before getting a decision on EA do i need to reschedule back it to chennai(if i do so if EA gets approved i cant reschedule as my limit over)
    Please give my some suggestion,
    I know it s awkward moment for me!!

Hi Sachin,

I guess you can just keep it as it is as emergency appointment would have been already queued at the first requested consulate. Once you recieve an approval you can reschedule the appointment.

But it is better to check with the customer care regarding the available attempts and explain them about your situation.They will guide you in the right direction.

Thanks a lot for your words

I heard that Visa interviews scheduled for Feb 2021 is getting cancelled? Did anyone received any updates

@sachinsmurali, yes, many in Hyderabad got cancellation emails. You can check timeline in below article it has sample emails as well.

Thanks, Did anyone whose original appointment cancelled(Feb/Mar) was able to reschedule it for April or May 2021?

Hi All ,
My EA request got approved and its end date is jan 12,
But still got confused if i need to rescheduled appointment date should be before jan 12 or I have to reschedule to any date before jan 12?
Can somebody urgently help