H4 conversion to L1 for my dependent


My wife is in H4 visa. I would like to convert her H4 visa into any working permit visa.

Since the H1 cap for 2013 is closed. Is it possible to H4 into L1 visa.

Or is it possible to get a work permit for H4?

Kindly advise.

H4 holder is not authorized to work.

H4 can be converted to L1, provided the beneficiary has worked for that employer in any of its foreign branch for continuous 1 year within the last 3 years of entering the US. If your wilfe employment history this condition, she could move to L1.

USCIS excerpt:

Also to qualify, the named employee must

Generally have been working for a qualifying organization abroad for one continuous year within the three years immediately preceding his or her admission to the United States