My wife is travelling to USA by Feb-2015 end on H1 stamped earlier this year. I do not intend to travel to US with her right now. So haven’t filed the H4 for me as yet.
I am looking for employer who will file an H1 for me this year (1-Apr-2015)
1 - Should I wait for the H1 lottery this year before filing H4 under wife’s H1 ?
I am apprehensive that H4 rejection (if it happens for any reason) might impact H1 processing (if I make it through lottery). Any possibility of such a scenario?
2 - If my wife’s employer thinks its possible they might file a GC under EB1 category.
Am I right in assuming that I should get the H4 before her employer (if decides to) files GC under EB1?
3 - At some stage during the EB1 GC processing, does th H4 dependent HAVE to be present in the USA. If I can’t make it through H1 lottery, there could be a chance to get an EAD through wife’s GC.
4 - If my wife files for EB1 GC, will it have any impact on my H1 petition ? Should she hold off on the GC application till this year’s lottery and my situation on my H1 is clear ?