H1b2015 received case number but no updates till date

Hello guys

I have received my case number almost in June and till date haven’t heard anything from the employer and every time I reach out to them it’s the same answer I get “in process”. Also I keep tracking my case status in the USCIS status tracker website and since the first day I saw and its the same status till today. How do I get to know if would really get my petition numbers or is really something wrong with my case? Can someone help me out by providing details. Thanks in advance.

It is possible for the case to remain in processing status for a long time. Sucks but happens. If you have urgent need to travel to US, upgrade it to premium processing.

Thanks for the prompt answer :slight_smile: really appreciate it. Please find the below status in the tool

“Receipt Notice Was Changed
On June 10, 2015, we made a change to your receipt notice for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number XXXXXX We mailed you a notice describing how we are processing your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to How to Change Your Address | USCIS to give us your new mailing address.”

Its the same status stated above since I receveid the recepit number. What doea the status mean? Is it progress or rejected or any idea how many days will this take to the next step?

That’s odd. It says receipt notice changed. Maybe your case is being tracked under a different receipt number now. Follow-up w/ employer/attorney.

Will there be change in the case/receipt number once the same is generated? But the status states as “change in receipt notice” is this status common or something problematic? I’m worried on the same since 3 months.

This is not a common message. That’s why I asked you to follow-up w/ your immigration team to know if they received a new receipt number.

The employer states the same every now and then, “IN PROGRESS” that’s all

Nothing much you can do about it.