H1B Visa stamping appointment scheduled - Wife is a US Citizen

Hi everyone. I am married to a US Citizen, and I am having my H1B visa stamping interview next month. Is there anything I need to take care of in this scenario? I have mentioned the citizenship of my wife in the DS160 form.

It is understood that you will have long term plans in the United States with efforts to gain US citizenship. When asked, it is best not to deny these plans, answer truthfully unless of course you have no such plans. Also take enough evidence of marriage, the consulate will want to know if the wedding was a convenience arrangement or planned culturally.

Thanks Shankar. Actually we don’t have plans to settle down there. In the long term we would be coming back to India. So I will have to assert on that and hope they believe it.

How did your interview go?

The interview is not done yet,

The interview went well. They weren’t bothered about her citizenship. I told it to them myself when she asked me when will my wife apply for the dependent visa.

The interview went well. They weren’t bothered about her citizenship. I told it to them myself when they asked me when will my wife apply for the dependent visa.

Hey I am in the same boat - So I got engaged few weeks back and going for H1 b stamping - should I be concerned if I mentioned her in my DS-160?

There is no need to be concerned. This probably is a common occurrence. The interview went normally for me. Just be honest about your situation.