H1B Visa petition approved -help needed!

Hi,

My H1B visa petition was approved while I was with employer A in 2008, it carried a validity for 2.5 years I am told(not sure if that is true and what the validity is about) I had not got it stamped on my pasport as there was no travel requirement,

Later, I moved to employer B in 2010 and now wanted to process the Visa

Is it possible to use the same petition to process the visa?I am ready to bear the expenses?

I do not have the petition number I may have lost it when I joined employer B, is it possible to find the details?

How long will the petition approved be valid for me to use the same to get it stamped and what would be the procedure?

What does h1 b cap-exempt mean?

thanks a lot!

H1B Cap-Exemption means U dont need to go thru lottery, Cap-Exemption is valid till 6 years of Approval. Its ur last year.

U must need Case number to process Cap-Exemption…

Thanks RaNa…
I got the petition approved in June/July 2008 time frame, does it mean the 6 years ends in June/July 2014? Or does it start from the date of application(Jan 2008) or does it start from date of petition expiry(i.e Aug 2010)

Is this as good as having the petition?

Can the case number be retrieved somehow? considering my previous employer would not reveal the case number and/or I am not able to find it in my archive.?

last questions…

Thanks RaNa…
I got the petition approved in June/July 2008 time frame, does it mean the 6 years ends in June/July 2014? Or does it start from the date of application(Jan 2008) or does it start from date of petition expiry(i.e Aug 2010)

Is this as good as having the petition?

Can the case number be retrieved somehow? considering my previous employer would not reveal the case number and/or I am not able to find it in my archive.?

last questions…

I am not sure how it is calculated. It must be Approval date/Lottery date AFAIK…
Ur employer only can help U in getting case number