H1B Visa Interview without the golden words

Hi,

I appeared for my visa interview on Friday Feb 28th @ Mumbai the interview went fine no docs were asked just the basic questions, VO kept my passport, and asked me if i had read the white pamplet that was provided earlier, i said yes and thats it. Nothing else was said like " your visa is approved or some more time is required" neither did he give me a 221g , when i look up online it says " visa is under admin processing" and my passport is still in post. Just a tard confused as to is the visa approved and should i go pick my passport or wait for their confirmation email when the passport is ready to be picked up.

You are approved. Some visa officers just don’t say the ‘golden words’ . Maybe it was something they ate for breakfast :))

Wish you the very best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. www.chu.edu; sshankar@chu.edu

Thanks for the clarification. … however still have the doubt over passport pickup should I wait for them to email or notify or just go n check?

You need to wait till status changes to “Pass ready for collection”…will take max 1 week…