H1b Transfer with Receipt Number advisable

Hi All,

My H1b is picked and my employer has confirmed the same and has shared the receipt number.( WAC-16-142-50593) Currently working for Indian SI.

With this receipt number can I change my company and if the new employer agrees for the transfer process can i go ahead ? Is this Recommended ? or is there any chances of rejections?


Sumanth N Mylar

You should change H-1 employer only after the petition has been approved. Until then, new employer cannot use this for cap-exempt filing. Like w/ any other petition, your new petition carries risk of denial. Nothing unusual about this.

Hi Sumanth, I have the same question as you do…
can you contact me on srikanth_8040@yahoo.com so that we can discuss relating to this