H1B Transfer in India without stamping


I am planning to go to India this July 2013 and resign my current job and join another company. I might stay in India for 3-6 months due to personal reasons. I have not got my H1B stamping yet. In this scenario, is it possible to transfer my H1B approved petition to my new company while I am in India.

Kindly let me know.



Yes, this can be done. Find an employer willing to file cap-exmept petition for you (aka H-1 transfer) and then appear for stamping through them once the petition is approved. You should have a copy of previously approved petition, recent US payslips and W-2s for this purpose.

hi saurabh, thanks a lot for clarifying.