H1B transfer - Clarification on transfer while in India

Hi,

I have [b]returned back from USA[/b] few months back and i am [b]currently in india [/b]having a valid H1B filed by my current employer. I would like to transfer my current H1B (Work permit valid until end of next year) to [b]another employer in India[/b], please let me know the documents which will be required for the H1B transfer.

Both the employers are having operations/offices in USA.

Also please let me know the process in detail.

regards

Anoop menon

The documents are similar to what was required for the initial petition. The extra documents include:

• your most recent payslips when you were in US (say 3 month)

• your most recent W2s (if applicable)

• copy of your previous I-94

• copy of your previously approved 797

I wont have the recent US payslips (last 3 month) since i am currently in India and also i wont have the previous I-94 which i had given at my US exit last time… what need to be done now.

I meant the payslips for the time you were in US. Let’s say you left US in May 2013. Then that would mean Mar-May payslips.

Don’t you have a copy of the previous I-94? I mean did you take a photo copy before surrendering it at the airport?

Yes, i should have a copy of the I-94 in my employee docket and hope it should be fine.Also i have the payslips in the payroll system (ADP) when i was in USA. Thanks for all your expertise advice and you have answered all my questions…