H1B Transfer approved. 6 days gap between LWD and Joining date, any issues?

Hi, I am on H1B with current employer A. I got an opportunity with employer B, who filed my H1B transfer and received the approval. After approval, I resigned at my current employer (A) and last working day is 31-Mar-2014. The joining date of my new employer (B) would be 7-April-2014. So I’ll be unemployed and without payrole for 6 days.

1. Will it cause any issue during future H1B extension/GC ?

2. Does it account for illegal stay or out of status ?

3. If the current employer (A) revokes/cancels my petition with them (on 31-Mar-2014), will it be any problem for me?

No. An out of status risk occurs when you abandon your original intent within the United States with prejudice, meaning, say, arriving at a shipping port on a crew visa © and then entering land to find job. This does not seem to be the case here. Your legality is also defined by your I-94 expiry date. Even if your I-94 expires on 3/31/14, you already have moved paperwork for your next project. Employer A will not file revocation, it is just a waste of time.

All the best with your new assignment

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. [www.chu.edu](http://www.chu.edu/); sshankar@chu.edu

Thank you. Appreciate your reply !!