H1b to greencard process through different employer

I am working on H1b visa. My current employer is willing to start the process of GC in EB2.
I am planning to change my job in 3 months. By then the process might not even reach till wage determination. My employer still can continue the process.
Is it allowed to file the i140 through employer you are not employed with?
Any clarification on this is highly appreciated.

One doesn’t have to be the current employer to file your I-140. Green card process can be for future employment, and hence, it can be filled by the employer you’re not currently employed with.