H1B stamped - Travel on H4 to US and look for a job

Hi Saurab,

My H1B is stamped in India under BEP category. I’ll be able to travel to US after 4 months due to medical reason and incase if my company cannot find a project for me in US after 4 months then

  1. Can I travel along with my baby on H4 as my husband is in US?

  2. Is the stamped H1B of no use if I trave on H4?

  3. Can I travel on H4 and find a job in US with my stamped H1B?

Thanks in advance.

  1. Yes, as long as you both has H-4 visas stamped

  2. You can move to H-1 visa in future

  3. Once you are in US, an employer can file H-1 COS for you. Once approved, you can start working on new H-1. In a way, this is H-1 transfer w/ COS from H-4 to H-1. When you travel outside of US next, you can use existing H-1 visa stamp to re-enter US.