H1B-RFE-University Transcripts

Hi , my petition was filed in the month of May and went to RFE in August 2012. I am asked to submit the university transcripts . I had initially submitted my individual semester marksheet and degree certificate. Does transcripts mean the documents that we apply from the university to be sent for persuing higher education in the US universities? Or is the usual mark sheets that we have from the university that i have to send again? Thanks!

Hi Vidhya, you are correct

transcripts mean the documents that we apply from the university to be sent for persuing higher education in the US universities

Please get them from your University.

Thanks! But my doubt is, for RFE, does it make sense to apply transcripts from the university? because a transcript is a sealed document that has to be sent to the US universities. But in my case, I just have to scan the originals and send it to the US Visa cell.

Yes when USCIS has requested they must have mentioned one point too that the Cover in which you send transcripts must be Sealed with Stamp related to Registrar of that University.What ever they have requested please do send across. They will mail you back once they verify. You can google certain cases where they have requested for Transcripts and have returned back. Please check and send the same. Good Luck.

But we are not going to send any hard copies of these docs. They just want the university transcripts …nothing is mentioned abt sealing it and sending across…anyways,thanks for your help