H1B rejected - how to be sure it is not fraud

Hi

I applied for H1B 2016 through a counsultancy. I completed the process in april and in jun they sent me a document which states that my petition was rejected . the document has reject case number , law firm details.

is this a correct process or it is a fake notification? i

The below is the document’s contents -

U.S. Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Notice of Action Page 1 of 1

Reject Case # VRN1741030430 Form Type I-129 Petition for a Non-immigrant Worker Petitioner ATLAS SYSTEMS INC Beneficiary MAKAR AND KASHINATI I VICHARE

ATTN HARVEY SHAPIRO C/O LAW OFFICE OF HARVEY SHAPIRO ATLAS SYSTEMS INC 260 MADISON AVENUE FIR 15 NEWYORK NY 10016 Your petition supporting documents, and fee are being returned to you.Your petition was returned for the following reason: Your petition is subject to the FY 2017 H-1B numerical cap. All H- 1B cap-subject petitions received at the California or Vermont Service Centers from April 1, 2016 to April 7, 2016 were subject to a computer-generated random selection process. USCIS received your petition during this timefrarne; however, it was not among those randomly selected for processing. If you wish to petition for classification of an II-1B nonimmigrant worker subject to the FY 2018 cap, with a start date of October 1, 2017, please submit a completed Form 1-129 petition, with supporting documentation and fee(s), no en-lier than April 1 2017, or the next business day if April 1st falls on a weekend. Petitioners are reminded that petitions for 14-1B classification may not be filed or approved more than six months prior to the requested employment start date. See 8 C.F.R. 2 I 4.2(h) (9) (i) (B) For additional information regarding the H-1B numerical cap, and exemption to the numerical cap, please visit the USCIS website. Information concerning USCIS forms and filing instructions is available from the USCIS Forms. Request line, -800-870- 3676 (Toll Free , or on the USCIS internet website at www.uscis.gov. To ensure proper processing, checks and/or money order must be payable to: ‘Department of Homeland Security’ or 'US. Citizenship and immigration Services. Please enclose a copy of this notice when responding or when filing another application based on this decision. U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES Vermont Service Center 75 Lower Weldon St. St. Albans, VT 05479 (05/11/16)Y 00181577 SAVETHIS NOTICE FORYGIJR RECORDS - EACAAS00-555

There is a blog post with sample rejection notice. You can compare the two. That’s the only way to know whether the rejection notice is genuine or not.