H1B REF to prove that my univ is certified

Yeah, there is nothing much we can do and we can’t even blame the as that is law.

Did you talk to your attorney? i think you can apply in any Quota for extension as ext doesn’t come under cap count.

Harry,
Is it possible for them to apply any quota.

As there is no H1B Quota.

Yah, I understand you I am not blaming law, I am saying USCIS provided wrong information that time, Now i am struck I need time until next october as Its mistake from both sides.

i’m not 100% sure if u can apply. may be Saurabh can help you with this, as far as i know extension can be filed irrespective of cap.

Hi Saurabh,
Please can you help me with this question, can we file extension irrespective of the H1B cap…as already i was having H1 B before.

You should be able to. However, they are questioning the original approval itself (which seems unfortunate). Your attorney is the best person to handle this case by writing to USCIS and explaining the scenario.

Hello, Harry I think it is better to respond some thing than leaving just like that. What did your attorney say.

Yup, my attorney answered it today.

one of my friend who answered same kind of RFE got Denied. USCIS denied stating that according to their records Startford Univ is not a public or non profit institution and who graduated from startford cannot apply in masters cap.

Hi Harry,
Please can you forward me your friend email id or details to my emailid kumar.kskr@gmail.com whose h1b got rejected with this RFE?

Please can yo provide me as soon as you can.

i don’t know him personally. one of my friend from same consultancy told me that he got the same RFE and after answering, it got denied. i will know mine in few days.

Please can you provide your friend details.
The Exercise is to find out what all documents submitted and reason for rejection.
I heard couple of people whom I know got approved same cases as we have.
need to find out whether they had submitted right documentation?

Sure, i will get details ASAP. Do you know people who got same RFE and got approved after answering the RFE?

Please can you send me info to my personal email which i provided in the thread.

Just want to give update on my case, my H1 got denied and the reason was, According to USCIS records Stratford University located at Falls Church, VA was not a public or non- profit institution.

Hi Harry, sorry to hear that your H1 got denied !!! In which service center did you sent your package? Vermont or California ?

CA service center

@harry139, I know, my comment is not going to help you much…But, just want to let you know that, I have seen couple of my friends got into same problem when they applied for California, but, several others got approvals from Vermont and haven’t seen a single rejection on this basis, yet. Let us know, if you know, anyone who got rejections for the same reason from Vermont. I think, maybe next time you apply, it is better to change job and apply for Vermont center.

Yup, only CA service is denying on this reason, few of my friends who applied to Vermont got approvals, even ppl from CA service center got approvals. it purely depends on luck. I’ll be applying in general quota next year.

Yes, you have that choice to reapply in general quota next year. My situation is much peculiar, I got my first H1 in Masters quota and now, I am up for extension and I am worried, what are the consequences, if I get the same RFE… Maybe, I need to change jobs and try to file in Vermont :confused:

Yeah, ppl who are up for extension or transfer started to get panic. i don’t understand why USCIS is bringing up this issue for extension as they are the ones who approved the petition initially. Hope for the best, wait for the decision then you can work on plan B.