Ok so my h1b was applied this year april 2013…made it through the lottery and have received an rfe which will be responded in a day or two (i.e. week of july 21-27).
Facts on my case Opt - end date - april 28th 2013 H1B Receipt date - April 8th 2013 RFE received date: may 22 2013 RFE Due date: August 14, 2013 CAP GAP - extension is up till sept. 30th 2013 New semester starts Sept. 3rd. for fall or January for winter Questions #1: I am entitled to 60 day grace period after getting a decision. I do not know how long it takes for an RFE to get a response....in case if i hear somewhere in mid September or October and the decision is negative....during 60 day grace period will start....considering scenarios I can either hear before august end or September or October....if October I think it should be fine as I can utilize those 60 day grace period and take admission considering November and December as 60 day grace. But if i hear in September mid Can I still get admission in university for Winter Semester during that 60 day grace period and stay until the semester starts or do I need to go back? Sorry for making it confusing if so....but in short i want to ask if i have 60 day grace period and i have a month or two extra after 60 day grace period and before new semester starts....can I stay in US or do I have to go back to my country? Question # 2: If my H1B gets approved....what would be transfer procedure...how soon can it be transferred if I have another better job lined up? Would it be viable to start working for another company as the transfer is in process? Question # 3: Does my H1B petition gets affected if I take admission back to university before I hear the decision i.e for this fall semester? I do not want to be out of status ... Question # 4: If I hear H1B decision by end of August and is positive, if I want can I still pursue further studies? Thank you in advance