H1B Layoff: Wife Pregnant, Options for New Job Search?

Hello all,
I am on my approved 2nd H1b visa Valid from 8/31/2019 To 9/9/2022. My company got shut down with immediate effect today and all the employee got laid off. So, I have following questions

1. How much time I have, to find another job and get the H1b transfer?
  2. I have filled H4 extension (receipt date 5/13/2019) for my wife but it is still not approved (Status shows “Case was Received”). Now, I got laid off from the company what will happen to her H4 Extension application? Her 1st H4 visa expired on 8/30/2019.
  3. Also, my wife is 9 month pregnant and she is not able travel now. So, How long my wife can stay in USA?
  4. I have filled H4EAD (receipt date 6/20/2019) for my wife but it is still not approved (Status shows “Case was Received”). Now, I got laid off from the company what will happen to her H4 EAD application?
  5. Is there any way to check whether the company has revoked my H1b or not?

Read H1B Grace Period 60 Days Rules

You can discuss with an attorney and file for extreme situation and apply for COS to B2 and stay in US until your wife can travel.

It does not matter, if they revoked or not, the day you stop working and not getting paid, you are not in status, so your grace period starts from that day…If you find an employer willing to file for transfer, you should be good…Nothing to panic, just need some planning and get a good offer.

1 Like

Thank you so very much for the reply, so
I have filled H4 extension (receipt date 5/13/2019) for my wife but it is still not approved (Status shows “Case was Received”). Now, I got laid off from the company what will happen to her H4 Extension application? are there any chance of approval?

It may or may not get approved.
But, it does not matter, you need to have H1B status for her to be on H4.