H1B & I94 expired, currently out of status

Hi Kumar,

I am Dheeraj Shetty, I graduated from a US university in May 2018. Worked on OPT for a year. Fortunately, got my H1B approved in the following year i.e, 29 Oct 2019. I had also stamped my H1B Visa in Jan 2020. My H1B & i94 expired on the same day (28 Oct 2020 - I year H1B) with the end of my Project contract. Unfortunately I couldn’t get my H1B extended or transferred due to the prevailing situation at the time like Wage level increase, lack of jobs etc. Currently I am in India since I was out of status and I had to move back.

What are the options available for me to get back to the US ? Could you suggest me a way out ?

Look forward for your response.

Best Regards,
Dheeraj

Hi Dheeraj,
I was in same situation before, my h1b was approved for 3 months and extension denied. I came back to India, found a new job and filed h1b with new employer.
If you first h1b is approved on oct 2019 and stayed in usa for 1 year, then you fall under cap exemption with 5 years of visa in hand. No need to go lottery again.
Find a new employer or new project with current employer, then you can transfer/ extend you h1b petition from India and then go for visa, That is the only option.

Hi Akhil,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Much Appreciated !

Did you find Indian or a US employer ? Also, what was the timeline for you to go back to the US? (I clearly understand it depends on situation) If you are willing to share this info.

Thanks again !!

Best Regards,
Dheeraj