H1B-H4-Extension- Stamping- Travel

Please help me with below clarifications.

I am on H1B and dependents on H4. My current stamped H1B/H4 visa in passport expired on May 30 2019 and new I797 extended up to Oct 30 2020. I am planning to visit India on June 1st week and return on July 2nd week and family return on Aug end 2020. We will get stamped on return.

Questions:

1. I need to initiate H1B extension for my self and dependents on my return on July 15th 2020 (family return on Aug 30 2020), Please let me know if dependents should also be in USA before filing extension (H1B/H4)?

2. How many days in prior H1B extension can be initiated? Can H1B/H4 extension be initiated from outside USA? Can we travel if visa near to extension?

3. Can I initiate H1B/H4 extension and travel to India? Who can/cannot travel during H1B/H4 extension in progress? If traveled what are the chances of approval?

Thank you.

1. Well, if they are not in US, then no need, you can get your h1B approved and they can use that for getting stamping in India and return to US…
  2. It can be up to 6 months before the expiry.
  3. Not recommended as it can create confusions with I-94…Approval chances do not change, it is only with the I-94 mismatch issues…If you are keen, apply for premium, get it done before you travel.