h1b extention after 6 yeras term and legal stay in US

Hi ,1 ) I am completing six years of my h1 in septmber 2013 and thinking to convert h4 since my wife got I-140, is it possible for me to get extention after one year cooling period if I covert h4 or is it manditory I have to out of country one year after 6 years to get extention 2) do i need to h1 cap excemption since already i am in 2007 h1 quota or again i have to apply for fresh
ew h1b.

I think there was another question posted on this. See my response there.