H1B extension while 221g

Having stamped H1B visa(expired now) from Company ‘X’ , did not travel to US,tried to tranfer to Company ‘Y’ went for stamping and got 221g, and it is still in administrative processing for the past 4 months. I am still with company ‘X’, Can I file a extension with company ‘X’? is there any possibility that company ‘X’ knows about my tranfer and 221g?